Re: Alfa 75/90/164

Keith Walker wrote:

> The 90 was meant as a replacement for the Alfa 6 as a large luxury car
> with a far less sporting bias. Although  in engineering terms it
> followed on from the Alfetta, it was designed at the same time as the 75
> and in marketing terms it was in the same area as the 164.

But the features are (nearly) the same on the both the 75 and the 90.
IIRC, from a luxury car POV, the only thing the 90 has that the 75
hasn't is the trip computer, and even this got dropped in the 90 super.
The 75 even has some features (e.g. rear headphone sockets) that the 90
doesn't. (I won't even attempt to wonder at the point of them, unless
you can switch off the speakers.)

That and the production dates: 90 1984-87, 77 1986-1992(?). That's only
a two-year overlap.

> The Guilietta was meant as a larger small car

Not having resources to hand, I would agree they look smaller than an
Alfetta, but from memory all the critical exterior dimensions are the
same. Does anybody who is familiar with both have any comment on the
interior?

Tony
1979 Alfetta 2000
1985 Alfa 90 2.5i
The Alfa 90 page http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7709
- --
Tony Lupton                            *           CiTR Pty Ltd
Email: t.lupton@domain.elided         *    *         339 Coronation Drive
Phone: +61 7 3259 2382                  *          PO Box 1643
Fax:   +61 7 3259 2259                             Milton Qld 4064
                                      *            Australia