Weber question

I have recently had to start emisions testing my Alfa, and this has
caused some problems.  I was wondering if anyone has tried using very
small venturis to help clean up the idle?  I am currently running 34s,
but I have a set of 28s.  Would this increase the velocity through the
idle circuit to make a differance.  They only check us at idle, and at
3000 Rpm.  at 3000 I am clean, but at idle I am right at the limit on
hydrocarbons.  Experince and best guesses welcome.  Kevin

71 Spider
Orem, Utah

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]