More 164 Light Bulbs

With the string about 164 bulbs going on, I thought I'd add my experience
with a set of dicroic (ice blue) overwattage bulbs I purchased for my
headlights and fogs on my 164S. They throw a very crisp blue/white light
that looks and acts like the gas-discharge bulbs I see on new Benzs and
BMWs. I live on the side a very dark, tree-lined hill outside of San
Francisco, and the bulbs have helped night vision tremendously. I've also
checked the effect on on-coming drivers and haven't noticed a problem (no
flashed lights, etc.). Here's the info that AutoOptiks e-mailed me, FWIW:

AUTOOPTIKS
We have #9004 (available in either standard
45/65 watt or overwattage 80/100 watt)
ion blue bulbs in stock for
your vehicle at $34.95/pair.We also have #H3 (available
in standard 55W
or overwattage 100W)  driving/fog lamp ion blue bulbs
available for your vehicle at $24.95/pair...add $3 for
3-day shipping and handling. To place your credit card
or COD order call our toll free
order line at 1-888-528-8658
(hours 8am-11pm EST) or visit the ordering
area of our web page at:
http://www.autooptiks.com/

The usual disclaimers apply. I have no financial interest, etc.

Rich Lasner
92 164S daily driver (new cams at 91k make a world of difference)
Mill Valley CA