Re: More 164 Light Bulbs

Rich--

When I put over wattage bulbs in my Saab 9000, I melted just about
everything near the headlights (except the wire and glass!!) Have you had
your lights on for long enough to verify that there is no indication of
overtemp?

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Rich Lasner wrote:

> With the string about 164 bulbs going on, I thought I'd add my experience
> with a set of dicroic (ice blue) overwattage bulbs I purchased for my
> headlights and fogs on my 164S. They throw a very crisp blue/white light
> that looks and acts like the gas-discharge bulbs I see on new Benzs and
> BMWs. I live on the side a very dark, tree-lined hill outside of San
> Francisco, and the bulbs have helped night vision tremendously. I've also
> checked the effect on on-coming drivers and haven't noticed a problem (no
> flashed lights, etc.). Here's the info that AutoOptiks e-mailed me, FWIW:
>
> AUTOOPTIKS
> We have #9004 (available in either standard
> 45/65 watt or overwattage 80/100 watt)
> ion blue bulbs in stock for
> your vehicle at $34.95/pair.We also have #H3 (available
> in standard 55W
> or overwattage 100W)  driving/fog lamp ion blue bulbs
> available for your vehicle at $24.95/pair...add $3 for
> 3-day shipping and handling. To place your credit card
> or COD order call our toll free
> order line at 1-888-528-8658
> (hours 8am-11pm EST) or visit the ordering
> area of our web page at:
> http://www.autooptiks.com/
>
> The usual disclaimers apply. I have no financial interest, etc.
>
> Rich Lasner
> 92 164S daily driver (new cams at 91k make a world of difference)
> Mill Valley CA

Regards,
Alan G. Lambert___________________________________<gerard@domain.elided>
           *******Los Altos, California (office)*******