Milano Clutch Failure - Help

My clutch just went out on my Milano about two hours ago.  This is my
daily driver so I need to fix it ASAP.

Lately the clutch petal has been hanging up on its return stroke and
over the last one to two weeks the petal has been feeling softer and
softer with a reduced throw.  During this the clutch still operated fine
and I had no problems shifting.  Today after work I noticed the petal
was down slightly at start up.  After starting I flicked it up into
place with my toe.  The clutch was soft and the throw was short, but I
was able to drive off.  Three minutes later while shifting the petal
went to the floor and stayed their during a shift.  At this point I had
lost all clutch operation.

I pushed the car several blocks to a parking lot.  I just called for a
flat bed tow to get it towed to my garage were I will start figuring out
what happened.

Any ideas good folks?  This is my daily driver so I plan on taking
tomorrow off to find out what happened and order parts.  I could really
use some help if someone has any ideas.

Thanks
Scott Swanberg, St. Paul, MN
'87 Milano