Re: MC rebuilding

Abe,

Master Cylinder:
If the bore and piston are in proper shape it is O.K. to rebuild, It should be
the same as a cylinder bore, that is, not glazed. If it is glazed Sears, Snap-
ON, K-D all make brake cylinder hones, use as directed. Centerline and IAP
both list kits.

Rear Bearings:
They are held in by threaded retaining rings. The Milano uses a cheaper
thinner ring than the GTV6, but thay are interchangable. Both have special
tools to remove/install. If you can't borrow the tool, you can sometimes get
the old ones out by carefully using a punch and/or Dremel tool. If you can
remove them you can use the more substantial GTV6 rings and seat them using a
punch. (I borrowed the tool to remove the rings on my Milano and installed
GTV6 rings with a tool. On my son's GTV6 we removed and replaced them with a
~1/4 punch.)

Parts:
Do you care to share your source(s)?

John Katos