bad drivers

I think the consensus on this is that it doesn't matter what state your in -
bad drivers are everywhere. Part of it has to do with the SUV/Minivan craze
that has swept this country. These vehicle are not drivers vehicles, they
are nothing more than utilitarian transportation devices. The people in them
don't like to drive. I'm talking in general here, some of us have pick-ups,
blazers or vans specifically for the types of uses they are intended. The
Ford Expedition daily drivers though are another breed.

We just got back from a camping trip to Death Valley. We were out in the
wastelands and saw very few other cars. I decided that in order to get back
home a little quicker we would go south and catch I-15 then head through
Barstow, Mojave, Bakersfield and up 99. Well, when we hit I-15 in Baker CA
we entered another world. Solid traffic, an endless stream of am-pm's Burger
Kings and Chevron mini-marts. Once on the interstate no place has any
personality anymore, everyplace looks exactly the same. Fortunately the vast
majority of those folks in their SUV's and Minivans stick exclusively to
such routes and are not willing to venture far from where a convenient Mac
Donalds will soon appear. The back roads are a much better experience
because of that.

Paul Irvine  - Antioch CA
72 Spider - 79 Sprint Veloce - 82 GTV6
Project Alfa - http://www.crl.com/~pi/project