Re: My winter snow tire experience....

<< Re: My winter snow tire experience.... >>

I have Yoko Guardex on the Milano Silver steel rims I purchased from AlfaBill.
They work quite well although after 1 1/2 seasons they are showing a little
wear. The other half season I drove my new winter car, a 1987 Audi 5000 turbo
Quattro. What a winter dream, also fantastic in the wet, and at $900 and
around $600 in parts still cheaper than my $1500 Milano and $300 in parts. The
Audi full time four wheel drive with a low center of gravity is an excellant
handling vehicle in bad weather even with Dunlop D60A2 JLB tires. This setup
is far superior to anything I have driven. My wife agrees and anounced the
other day that it bad weather she will only drive an Audi with four wheel
drive.

John Katos
87 Milano Platinum
86 GTV6 (sons)