Re: Thinking of buying a Milano

> From: "Sam Shartzer" <shartzer@domain.elided>

Sam of 89 Volve 740 wants a Milano Verde and asked comments.

Well, if you even liked a little how volve 740 drives, you'd go crazy
about the Milanos! And to get more fun, the 2.5 are a lot exciting to
drive. took me over an year to get used to the civilized 3.0 l in the verde.
I still miss my 2.5 Gold....

> kind of problems these cars have?  How many miles they usually last?  How
> much a good condition one will likely run?  How well built they are (I like
> cars that are built extremely solid even if they are high maintenance)?
> Anything I should keep in mind when buying one?  Things to look for?  Are
> the electrical systems on this car as bad as I am told?

would some body tell me if there's an FAQ on the 'net please!?

30k miles water pump, timing belt, problematic ABS by ATE, and your tipical
old car electrics. Donuts! did I forget donuts! (drive shaft flex couplings)
2.5 l may need head gasket replaced, 3.0 should be ok. My 2.5 had that
rep;aced at around 70k, the 3.0 has 150k miles on original head gasket.
Maintenance? if cares were taken, shouldn't be too high of maintenence.
Parts are pretty easy to come by from mail order shops and in ca bay area
there are plenty of stores for parts. Some parts may be more expensive
than others, but some are also amazingly cheap.

> I found one on the internet with only 44k miles on it for $6300.  Could the

sounds like a good deal!

Jess
88 Verde
Northern CA