Re: oils

Hi there everyone

Ive been on the list for a few months now and have liked reading what everyone has to
say. Haha  this is my first submission

Well I am a fan of the motul oils

I use to race motocross with second hand bikes that were a couple of years old, and of
course not in the best shape. I had so many problems with the little buggers blowing
engines, it got very costly, However when I started using 800 2t from Motul, all this
changed, for a start you can run the stuff at 66:1 about double of any other!. This
may say something. I managed a whole season on an old piston, and it kept together, so
being a cheep bastard i pushed it firther and alas it died, the piston formed a
complete crack around itself from one side of the wrist pin to the other. The whole
piston basically seperated in two. Now can you amagin the mess that would make to the
bore?  well as it happens the bore escaped without a problem, I installed a new piston
and the bike stayed going reliable untill i sold it about 18 months later.

I recon this was due to the oil. A importer once told me the the formulation actually
bonds itself to the moving parts and sort of imbeds itself, well fact or fiction i
dont know.

The ester structure of the oil, may be synthetic but it can not be described a being
more synthetic than another, for a start esters are naturaly occuring compounds, hehe
they are responsible for many different smells in every day life

The oil is very expensive, 800 2t was about $32 NZ per litre but i think it was worth
it.

Well  thanks for listing to my yabbering

- --
Steve

Palmerston North
New Zealand