Re: GTV Front End Height

Not enough on this topic yet for me as my GTV is now up on jackstands in
the garage, and prepped for total spring removal and replacement.  This
car was manufactured in July 1974, and bought new in California in 1976.
The front end has always been raised, which gives it a 'Chris Craft'
posture that is its only aesthetic blemish.  I've understood that
federal headlight height requirements were responsible for the
distortion, and that only a change in springs could level this model.
Given a choice, I'd rather pull out spacers so as to keep the car as
stock and Italian as possible.  Anyone out there with some definitive
experience rehabilitating a GTV to how God intended it to be?  Also very
curious as to how such changes affect the suspension settings and wheel
alignment.

Steve in the Silicon Valley
74 GTV (red, with no cupholders)
78 Sedan (cupholder removed)