Re: Unintended Acceleration

Here is a simple test that you can try to see if the throttle will overcome
the brakes.  (Used to use this trick on burnouts back in the sixties on big
American V8 engines.

Put your foot on the brake real hard, and then press on the accelerator pedal
as hard as you want and see how far you go.  My bet is that you will not go
anywhere, as the brakes will have more grab than the engine has torque.  (I
know this is kind of hard in a manual transmission)

Another test for the manual trans guys is to go down the road in gear at an
rpm in the power band, press on the brakes and give it gas at the same time,
do you speed up or slow down.  Again, my guess is you slow down. (To be tried
only when traffic and safety permits.)

John Justus