Unintended acceleration

So there I was, late for my dentist's appt, sitting at a light for about 15
seconds in my VW GTI, when *WHAM*, I am hit from behind.  There was an Audi
behind me just before, idling just like me, now he's in my back bumper, what
happened?  I was in disbelief, the light was still red...  As it turned
green, we went thru the intersection and pulled over.  He explained that the
car in the lane next to me had accelerated away when HIS lane arrow turned
green, so the Audi driver just gassed it into my GTI.  Thank God for daily
drivers as I currently don't have a back bumper on Turner (Alfa content)!
He only pushed the back bumper forward a bit on it's bolt-held mountings,
easy to bring back in place.

I'm calling '60 Minutes'.

Steve S.
Seattle, WA