badge stealing bastards!!

some bastard nicked the badges off my GTV last night!

they swiped the Alfa-Romeo badge from the bootlid, and one of the gold
quadrifoglio badges from the c-pillar.  BASTARDS!!!  they also damaged the
paintwork in the process.

ive just gone out and bought repacements - a brand new original quadrifoglio
(not cheap! ouch!) and a plastic repro alfa logo.  The logo badge that was
nicked was an original metal badge, (which I could get a replacement for,
but which are almost as expensive as the QF).  The dude in the shop said not
to bother putting a metal badge back on, as it would almost certainly be
nicked again...

does anyone know what sort of Alfa Romeo logo badges should be on a '68 1750
GTV (euro production) - do they have the word 'milano' written on them or
not?  The front one was nicked years ago, and replaced with a plastic one by
the PO, and has 'milano' on it.  The old italian dude in the shop insisted
that a 1750 of that year should not have 'milano' on the badge.

now that its gone, I cant remember if the original, rear badge had 'milano'
on it or not.  All I remember was how bloody beautiful it was, and how crap
the plastic replacement looks...

Ben  (feeling guilty about leaving GTV where some bastard could have his
wicked way...)
'68 1750 GTV (in shock, after being molested at the hands of some badge
stealing bastard)