Summit Point FATT

	For an event for which there was no attempt to organize an Alfa
Showing, no less than 4, count 'em; 4, GTVs showed up along with  a GTV-6.
And three of the GTVs them were red !

	The weather was superb but the track was slippery off the Line due
to the very dry conditions and lots of dust being blown around.  A new
(leased and tricked out) BMW M3 rolled 1.25 times at the entrance of the
'Chute' (Turn 5).  No one was hurt but the car didn't look good.  I got to
drive by in time to see a tire roll across the track in front of me and
look at the underside of the car.

	The local Corvette Club showed up in force, too.  My group was
chock full of them; my left arm got tired waving them by.  I thought that a
particular 'Vette, blue with a white center stripe, was going awfully fast
since he seemed to be passing me at every turn until I discovered that
there were two of them...

	But I had a fun time in my GTV nonetheless.  Discovered that the
car has a tendency for the rear end to hop around the corners (Turn 1, Turn
5).  I dialed the rear Spax shocks to the lowest settings but that didn't
eliminate it.  I've got a W&D springs and rear swaybar.

	On the way home, I stopped at a light and a woman in the car next
to me rolled down her window and asked if the car was for sale.  My FATT
number was 210 and was still on the rear side window.  I'm going to ask the
guys at Summit Point to write my number with a 'K' behind it so that I'll
at least get a good offer.

"Is dis a system???"  Mr. Natural

Bruce Giller
Takoma 'Radiation-Free-Zone and Finally ReUnited' Park, Md
'73 Alfa GTV 2000
'86 Alfa Spider
'72 Moto Guzzi Eldorado