Vacuum leak tracing

Hi all,

Another query please.......
On your typical Alfa Romeo 4-cyl twin cam with its dual
sidedraught Webers or Dellortos, I wonder if anyone can suggest
how one would go about checking for a possible vacuum leak
around the undersides of the carb mounting rubbers, inlet
manifold or gasket ?
I believe that to check for vacuum leaks in general, there's a
variety of methods (involving spraying CRC or somesuch over the
target area, or painting on detergent, etc), but there seems to be
insufficient access to the undersides of the carbs and manifold to
use any of these satisfactorily....... does anyone have any
comments please?
(Not that I do have any suspected vac leak problem right now.....
but I did want to make such a check once some time ago, and I
was stuck as to how to access that area in order to check around
there).

Thanks all,
Graham Hilder,
New Zealand.