GTV6 x-meter needles

Mike Harris introduced me recently to a fascinating
"failure mode" which I haven't seen described in the
list (at least not in the past few months). Quite suddenly,
my Balocco tachometer refused to climb over 4000 rpm,
while the engine was quite happy to hit the rev limiter at 6500.
The problem lies in the needle on the instrument itself.
Mike shown me how sometimes the needle in the gauge gets
bent inward, enough to touch the gauge itself and lock.
Nothing wrong with sending unit or electronic parts, just
the gauge needle in need of some TLC!
I thought I passed this one on.

Carlo