RE: [alfa] No such thing as a 1750 Duetto?

Just a small note of detail to pass regarding the whole "Duetto" thing to
clarify Fred Zimmerman's post:

The 105 series 1600 Giulia 'Roundtail'/ 'Osso di Seppia'/ 'Boat-tail'/
'Duetto' was produced between 1966 and 1967, with approximately 6325 copies
made (Source is Wille Roos' website at www.veloce.se - Thank you, Wille).
There may also have been three more produced in 1968 and one in 1970.
Typically, ALL the 1600 cars are known as Duettos, not just the '67 cars as
Fred stated.

The other cars using the original series 1 body-style included the Spider
1300 Junior (these were never officially imported into the USA, but were
available in Canada).  These were built in 1968 and 1969.  There were also
the 1750 Spider Veloce's, which were built between 1967 and 1969.  There
were essentially two versions of the 1750...one for the USA, which included
the SPICA fuel injection system and the "rest of the world" version, which
came with either Weber, Dellorto or possibly other carburetors.

There are many Digestibles who live outside the USA, so I felt that adding a
bit more detail would be helpful.

Cheers,
Alfalex Csank
Norfolk, VA
'69 Spider 1300 Junior (yes, it's Series 1, Osso di Seppia car)
'87 Milano Verde
'69 Giulia Super (rusting away in a field)

>One more comment, I have always understood that the 67 was the only true
Duetto and the 69 was called a 1750 Spider. >While the 67 has a slightly
higher value over the 69, I must admit that the 69 is a better car. It has a
stiffer body and the >wonderful 1750 engine.  I read Richards comment about
the term Duetto not being official for the 67 and I believe that to be
>correct, but it was understood by Alfisti that the 67 was called a Duetto.
Years ago, I used to correct owners of 69 models >and tell them that their
cars were not Duetto's. I have come to realize that if they want to call
their 69 spider, so be it. Just >enjoy and be proud of it.