[alfa] Re: Duetto

Hi there,

I am trying to catch up with the AD, as I am in bed since four weeks,
phneumonia hit me :-( Too much Spider in the winter.

Anyway, AFAIK the word Duetto was never used by Alfa Romeo in the
marketing material. Nore was there any badge or similar with the name
Duetto. Biba is right there and to me, the Duetto is the Alfa Romeo
1600 Spider 1966 - 1967. The original one. Like Andrew Watry claims,
the wheels and side markers etc. are different from the 1750 Veloce
1967 -1969 (US 1970).

I only whish to add that apart from the bisquit Volvo had a station
wagon/estate wagon named Duett. This among some other reasons made Alfa
abandon the name Duetto. In Italy, my friends there all say they have a
Duetto, which they have agreed upon to be the Spider based on the 105
series, as long as it has carbs and/or RWD. years 1966-1994, I am happy
with that but prefer to call my 1967 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce a
simple Round-tail. The later version are to me the SQ-tail or Kamm-
tail, then the Aerodinamica and finally the S4. These names are used in
Europe, http://www.highwoodalfa.com a reputable vendor in the UK uses
the very same names.

Interesting though, I have not seen the 60 Minutes by CBS? but rest
confident that biba, bs, John Hertzman, Andrew Watry and the gang are
right on the spot. Funny enough, the owner of the car (Duetto?) in
question has not made any coomments. Perhaps he/she iis not oon the AD.

Best whishes

Wille R.
The Arctic part of Europe, i.e. Scandinavia and the midnight sun, but
today the midnight never ends.

>"Richard Ballantine" <rgb@domain.elided>
>Subject: [alfa] No such thing as a 1750 Duetto?

>With all the talk about D. Hoffman's ride, I thought that someone
>would have quickly said that only the initial year or so of the body
>style, with the 1600, is a Duetto.
>Anyone agree? Willie R.?
>Richard G. Ballantine

Veni, vidi, veloce et salute  Wille R. in Scandinavia