[alfa] 164LS intermitten engine stall problem: big knocking sound

I have to ask digest gurus' opinion again:

Today I have more discoveries of my 94 164LS intermittent engine stall
problem.

- if I let engine idles from dead cold, it dies at precise time about one
minute after starting like ignition key being turn off.

- If I let engine running at higher rpm, say 2500rpm, the stall will
accompanied with big knocking sound with burning smell sometimes white smoke
on top of engine.

  It is much more severe when engine is warm. There is gun power smell like
a cannon shot, sometimes accompanied by white smoke.

  What's this big knocking sound? Like some cylinder(s) fired at wrong time.
Where does the smoke coming or leaking from?  From Intake?

Karl Chen, 94 164LS