RE: [alfa] No such thing as a 1750 Duetto?

The discussion as to whether the spider on 60 minutes has been
interesting to me. Many of the external spot checks that Andrew
mentioned were not visible on the car that Dustin Hoffman drove for the
interview. i.e. the side marker lights were missing. The 67 had a tear
drop shaped amber side light just in front of the doors and the 69 had
an amber just behind the headlights and red ones toward the taillights.
These were both round.
An interesting observation is the amber ones of either shape usually
fade to clear after years of being exposed to the sun and the red ones
keep the color. I have looked at the VHS tape of the 60 minutes
interview several and the only thing that might suggest that the car was
a 69 is the shot of the rear. The ID on the trunk was in the middle and
not on the side as the 67 Duetto script was located. The head rests were
upgradeable as was mine when I bought it along with the star wheels. I
suspect the PO wanted the car to look new when it was actually 2 years
old.
One more comment, I have always understood that the 67 was the only true
Duetto and the 69 was called a 1750 Spider. While the 67 has a slightly
higher value over the 69, I must admit that the 69 is a better car. It
has a stiffer body and the wonderful 1750 engine.
I read Richards comment about the term Duetto not being official for the
67 and I believe that to be correct, but it was understood by Alfisti
that the 67 was called a Duetto.
Years ago, I used to correct owners of 69 models and tell them that
their cars were not Duetto's. I have come to realize that if they want
to call their 69 spider, so be it. Just enjoy and be proud of it.
Fred Zimmermann
67 Spider (I call it a Duetto)
69 Berlina
71 GTV
53 Chevy Pickup

With all the talk about D. Hoffman's ride, I thought that someone would
have
quickly said that only the initial year or so of the body style, with
the
1600, is a Duetto.
Anyone agree? Willie R.?
Richard G. Ballantine