[alfa] Re: trunk release

Russ Neely wrote:

"Note:  Drill motor and bit are not necessary as the access hole is
already there.  After removing the license plate and the two screws
holding it's plastic mount, get your fingers into the black plastic panel
that fills the space between the tail light lenses and pull it toward the
rear; it comes right out.  You'll see the latch access hole in the
center; it's about 3/16" in diameter."

Well, maybe or maybe not. There was NO hole in the trunklid of my '87 Gold until I put one there, so was this perhaps a running production change?

Following the advice of someone on the Digest, I pulled off the plastic and drilled a 3/8" hole about 1 1/2" below whatever it was you're supposed to drill below - hey, it's been at least six years! It was very easy drilling - the metal is quite thin there, and my gutless cordless handled it just fine.

Will Owen
Pasadena, CA

'87 Milano Gold
'71 Citroen DS21 Pallas
'02 Subaru Forester (very sweet new kid)