[alfa] Re: Tops (NAC)

Correct Will, central heating is uncommon (although not unheard of), and AC
in a residence very unusual (reasonably common in offices though). With
average daily temps of 20C (68F) in summer, average daily lows of 10C (50F)
in winter, highest max in last 20 years of 32C (89F) and lowest low of 0C
(32F), we manage without. Partly the English heritage I guess. Tend to heat
whichever rooms we are using in a house, not all of it. Although I have had
Swedish friends living in Auckland who have complained that it was way too
cold in winter because we don't heat the houses properly.

As an aside - the Swedes find the English logic intriguing - the (Swedish)
story goes that the English (traditionally) put their plumbing on the
OUTSIDE of the walls so that WHEN it freezes it can be repaired. The Swedes
put their plumbing inside the house (often on the walls) so that they DON'T
freeze...

Most common form of "climate control" in an Auckland residence is a
dehumidifier, while not at Florida levels we do have high humidity, and rain
(which can be heavy). Although the rain stops and the sun shines often, the
standard comment re Auckland's weather is that "if you don't like the
weather wait for half an hour...!

Which does mean that it's important for a hood to be easy to open and close
quickly. (Alfa content)

Mark Battley
Auckland, New Zealand

1973 Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce