[alfa] RE: alfa-digest V10 #430

Dave, I owned a '82 in the UK 18 odd years ago and now have 2 '85's.  I
really find 1st and second too low in the '85's.  Given the slow gearchange
there is little to be gained unless you get a kick out of the traffic light
Grand Prix and burning rubber.

One of the '85's has Shankle cams that really don't do too much below 3K but
feel great over 4K or so.  A modded motor that gives power through 7K could
be good with the 4.10 otherwise for the street (and road courses) the 3.??
(brain fart) is probably best.

Although 18 years is a fairly long stretch I don't remember the higher
gearing being an issue at all.

86 GTV6' seem to have the better Milano ratios (higher 1 and 2) with the
4.10.

Not seen any posts but just going up in wheel/tire size (diameter) could
benefit but I am not sure how far you could go without bodywork issues. It
would also fill the wheelwell out more.  Alternatively smaller diameter
tires would lower the effective ratio with the 3.?? (senior moment).

Oh, Hi guys.  My first post!

Jef
85 GTV6 Gina Two (Shankle headers/Cams)
85 GTV6 Gina Three (Actually passed emissions)
94 Dodge Dakota