[alfa] Re: bleeding clutch slave GTV6

Yup... er, I don't know how successful I was, though. After practicing with bits of tubing, a tube-cutter, and an SAE flaring tool, I did exactly as you said. Not sure how stock my 1/4" tubing was, but it matched up perfectly from Autozone stock, plus an inverted flare union from Pep Boys. The (double) flaring tool that I rented matched perfectly to the nipple that's connected to the flexible line.
Yes, I did get tearing at the rim of old tube, even after carefully reaming it. The new stuff flared pretty cleanly.

After tightening everything down, I filled up the reservoir and pumped a goodly amount of time, turning on the engine in case the booster might help things along. Eventually, resistance returned to the pedal and lots of micro-bubbles bubbled up into the reservoir. Checking under the car, all that pumping generated a single drop welling up at the old end of the union. Gave that one another 1/8th turn and let it sit for the night.

Now that I look at the unit, I realize that the bleed nipple is simply not there. It looks like there's a little hole (that I thought might have been an allen-head screw or something), which probably corresponds to the interior of the erstwhile bleeding screw.

So the problem remains: how do I bleed the darned thing? I remember getting less and less effective travel over time from the clutch pedal, so now I suspect it was possibly related to a tiny build-up of air from the original pinhole in the line. Right now, things are back at that point, so I would love to be able to bleed it properly.

What's the best way to extract this thing?

-Darren

83 GTV6

Joe Elliott wrote:

I'm curious how you managed to patch it. Did you just cut out the bad part and succeed in flaring the freshly-cut ends to patch in a new length of tube?