[alfa] Re: Spider L-Jetronic mishap

 Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 12:21:39 -0500 (EST) From: Fred
 Schwab <fschwab@domain.elided> Subject: [alfa] Spider L-Jetronic
 mishap

 I did a dumb thing last weekend:  After a simple oil/filter
 change, I forgot to reconnect the wiring harness to the AFM
 before starting my '85 Spider.  Now it runs like crap, very
 rough.

 I'm spending this weekend checking air hoses, vacuum lines,
 AFM operation, relays, etc.  My question is:  Is it likely
 that I damaged the circuitry of the ECU?  I ran the engine
 for perhaps 10-20 seconds before I realized what I'd
 forgot.

 Have any of the other digesters fouled up like this and
 suffered negative consequences?

 - Fred Schwab (fschwab@domain.elided) Charlottesville, VA
No. There is something else wrong. I regularly forget to re-connect my AFM connector, and nothing like you describe has ever happened. Just runs crappy, stops, plug in the connector, restart, and runs as it should.
However, I am using L-Jet, and you are using Motronic. I cannon believe there is any differencein behaviour in this instance.*

*( I have been wrong before )
--

jeff clark
82 Spider Veloce