[alfa] single-row timing chains

I'm not sure why one would want to go to a single-row timing chain on a
four-cylinder Alfa.  There might be a tiny reduction in friction, but at a
loss of reliability, and I would guess at a huge cost in parts and labor.
There are two chains, and a total of six sprockets, if you include the two
on the idler.  I'd guess you'd need to change all those.  Or can you get by
putting a single-row chain on the double-row sprockets?

I believe when Mercedes went to single-row chains on the V8s in the 70s/80s
they had a lot of trouble, and eventually went back to double-row.  I recall
they even offered a conversion to retrofit single-row chains on older
engines to double-row.  I believe one of the reasons BMW went to a
single-row chain was to save a bit of length in the design of the engine,
not something you could benefit from on an existing Alfa engine.

What's the motivation?

Andrew