[alfa] Junior clutch

It sounds like this Junior has the hydraulic floor clutch MC, used only one
year in the US market, 1969. (No Jrs were ever sold in the US new.)  With
"standing" or "floor" pedals, not "hanging" pedals, you have the brake MC
under the floor, and if a hydraulic clutch, the clutch MC under the floor
too.  It does not use the same cylinder or rebuild kit as the later hanging
clutch MC. Originally 69s used an adjustable clutch slave cylinder, but
nowadays use the same slave as 71 and later US cars.

As I say, this was used in the US only in 1969, but was used in other
countries 1968-1970.  On a 1970 Jr, it is probably original.  But it is a
common conversion to 64-67 Giulia sedans, GTVs, and Duettos when converting
to a 1750 or 2000, with the need for a hydraulic clutch. (There are other
ways to convert too.)

From the symptoms, I'd suspect ignition problems, followed by fuel delivery.

Andrew Watry