Re: [alfa] Troubleshooting Advice on 70 GT Junior

Thanks all for your great and insightful advice and comments. I am learning more and about this model and plan to use this as a daily driver. I have a good checklist to go through with now and a few parts to order as well.

Questions:
Will hunt for the fuel filter(s). Usually there is one under, near the gas tank. Would there be one in the engine compartment?

Also there are two levers I believe are marked "Start" and "Accel". Are these choke levers? The "Start" lever decreases idle rev. "Accel" is doing nothing(might be disabled).

Can someone email me Elvira's email address(Alfa Storico)? I need to checkout the authenticity of this vehicle. Red currently, but I strongly believe it was yellow originallly.

Other Notes:

Canadian delivery(according to PO)

Owner(old italian guy was also an auto mechanic) used the car to drive whenever weather permitted, so the Alfa was exercised regularly and he felt confident it could drive to Brazil(a serious exaggeration!).

He installed an electric fuel pump in the trunk(hum is noticeable) yet the mechanical fuel pump is in place and according to him, easily switched over.

Has the Mark I 1750 dashboard but no center dashboard. No ashtray(strange), lighter is in the dash near the ignition switch.

Has a two spoke steering wheel...nice but has cracks next to the spokes. Anyone have one extra available?

Will post photos soon. Rod