Re: [alfa] Troubleshooting Advice on 70 GT Junior

Rodney wrote:

>True I am suspecting the points and condenser. Might this be
>an opportune time to switch to electronic ignition?
>
>Further note:
>
>After resting a good while...it starts up. Did not drive it around.

Don't install electronic ignition untill you've solved the existing problem else you'll have to troubleshoot two systems instead on one. If it fires up after cooling down, there may also be a problem with the spark coil.

Clutch-brake pedals through the floor are also accompagnied by a lot of dirt into the pedal pivots. While getting this old car road worthy it is advisable to remove the pedal bracket assembly for disassembly, cleaning, and lubrication of the pedal pivots. I once had the pedals freeze up because of dirt and corrosion in the pivots.

Gil Gagne
Port Orange, FL
1985 Spider