[alfa] The Alfa Lover's Guide to Italy (a work in progress)

Digestivi,

As I plan for a trip to Italy possibly for next
summer, almost certainly for 2006, certain things are
taking form.

Feel free to chime in.

1- I'm going through various issues of Octane, Auto
Italia (among others) to determine what events (of
interest to Alfisti) are going on at what times of the
year.

2- I'm determining what museum stops might be
worthwhile, as well. Obviously "il Museo Storico" in
Arese. Possibly there might be something in Mantova
celebrating Nuvolari, or in Brescia commemorating the
Mille Miglia or in Palermo honoring Nino Vaccarella.
That sort of thing.

3- Looking for the routes of the various open-road
races, such as the Targa Florio, Mille Miglia, etc.

4- Looking for charming, authentic places to sleep,
eat and drink.

5- I'm still not sure how I can *guarantee* myself an
Alfa rental while in Italy. More as I dig around.

6- Places where members of this Digest are known to
habituate: Luca in Verona (Verona, right?), etc.

If anyone has anything to add, so that with any luck
we might have a nice little "guidebook" now would be
the time to chime in!

Discuss.

-Joe in SoFla
http://mail.yahoo.com