[alfa] Taylor's cuts and scrapes

Taylor, why don't you post a photo somewhere so we can look at the Spider?

Off the top of my head, the damage doesn't sound that bad. It still sounds
like a nice car! I recall you are a bimmer-phile so your standards may be
higher than some other folks...

One thing I'd comment on is I think shops are in the habit of pricing
repairs fairly high because people typically use insurance companies to
pay for repairs. My spider came with a fairish dent in the right rear
quarter panel which a friend of mine (who is an engineer) repaired for no
charge. You just gotta know the right people... and you know, you do
know the right people, you know. &:-)

While I don't know about your fender or tail light, in the case of the
nose dent -- such an unfortunately common malaise for Spider owners and
you are in good company -- it might be possible for a dent wizard to poke
through from the engine side and hammer the nose back to where it should
be, then you (or someone else you trust) could paint the spot, if it
still needs paint. That's like a $50 job, tops. Peanuts!

What I'm saying is, are you sure you want to give up your Spider just
because your personal Karma has been poor lately? ? ? You don't have to
fix everything at once, and you don't have to get it all done by one
person.... Put the car in the garage and put a cover over it until you've
got a jones for top-down driving, then go look at it again. Relationships
with Alfas tend to be of a deeper kind, requiring personal commitment on
a regular basis....

Tess
in Bellevue, WA USA