RE: [alfa] Back from a Wonderful Vacation in Italy

Joe,

It seems to me that, with this book, *you* should be telling *us* where to go. In most of Italy, everything comes second to eating well.

But as for Alfa-specific destinations, I can't think of much outside of the museum. The cars you'll see throughout the country (and most of Europe) wether you try to or not -- albiet mostly late-model versions; I seem to remember that Italy launched a big tax incentive a few years back to encourage people to buy new cars and scrap their old ones, or something like that.

- Hal
(Who married in Italy and lives 4 hours north of Milan)

Well, now I'm curious. Last Christmas, a client of mine gave me a (guide)book titled _The_Food_Lover's_Guide_To_Italy_ which detailed, not only the best restaurants, trattorie, wineries, etc., but also what cities/villages to visit for the best artichokes, lemons, whatever.

So, Digestivi, what SHOULD be on the itinerary for an Alfista's Guide To Italy? Land in Milan, rent a condo for 2 weeks and take day trips? Land in Rome and hop from place to place?

Discuss.

- -Joe in SoFla