Re: [alfa] GTV-6 engine swap nightmare

Try turning the drive shaft while pulling the engine away.  I have been able to remove and install a 2L engine on an AlfettaGTV by just undoing the front donut from the flywheel. (BTW, I found it impossbile to do this on the sedan).  I am assuming the v6 would not be that different since it isn't any longer than the 4cyl.  If all else fails, you can gently apply a pry bar to pull the donut away.   -Farzan

-------------- Original message from Joe Elliott : --------------