[alfa] GTV-6 engine swap nightmare

Has anyone ever tried to pull a GTV-6 engine by only removing the nuts securing the front giubo to the flywheel? Because that's what I did, and now th engine is almost all the way out, with just a few threads of the flywheel studs refusing to come out of their respective holes in the giubo. The giubo is already worn out, so I'd have no problem destroying it, but just yanking on the engine with the hoist forces the driveshaft against the tunnel, and starts to lift the car. Are there any solvents or acids that will just dissolve the giubo? I think that would solve the problem.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6