Re: [alfa] 74 GTV flasher unit location

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 08:46:21 -0400 Brian Shorey <bshorey@domain.elided> wrote:

> > ok, so just where did alfa bury this thing?

> IIRC, it should be a small plastic box, bolted on to the steering column.
> It doesn't look like a normal flasher, which is why they charge > $100 for
> it.  However it can be replaced with a normal $6.95 flasher.

ah.

the book at Advance cross referenced to a very generic 3 prong
thermal flasher in a cylindrical metal can, so i bought one, but i
couldn't see anything like it under the dash. now i know what i
won't find under there.

does anyone know if a more modern electronic flasher unit would
work, or should we stick with the ancient thermal technology?

richard