RE: [alfa] 105 Rear Axle Seal & Bearings

> I want to get it fixed in time to take it to the convention.

If it involves getting you to the convention, then I'd better respond!

> The manuals are not all that helpful, but getting to the axle doesn't
> look terribly complex.
>
> I do want to know if a slide hammer or a generic puller can be used to
> remove the axle instead of the factory tool.

Yes, in fact imo a slide hammer is easier than the factory tool.

> I also want to know how to remove and replace the bearings and seal
> once I get the axle out.

Any seal puller will do.  Grind the old bearing off the axle, press the new
one on.

> If anyone has been there and done that and can give my some useful
> advice, I'd appreciate it.

It's pretty straightforward.

See you in Manchester!

bs