[alfa] 105 Rear Axle Seal & Bearings

I have a leaking axle seal on the right rear of my Spider and I want to get it fixed in time to take it to the convention.

The manuals are not all that helpful, but getting to the axle doesn't look terribly complex.

I do want to know if a slide hammer or a generic puller can be used to remove the axle instead of the factory tool.

I also want to know how to remove and replace the bearings and seal once I get the axle out.

If anyone has been there and done that and can give my some useful advice, I'd appreciate it.

Regarding Jon's posting in Digest V10 #206, I have my local UAP on the case, and they tell me they can get me bearings and a seal by mid week. Time will tell!

George Beston

Spider Jr.
Alfetta