Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 08:44 AM 7/10/2004, you wrote:

Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 07:33:17 -0500
From: John Brase <jbrase@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] GTV6-replacement for in-tank filter

>assuming the
>plastic filtration mesh is not ruptured, you may be able to clean it,

Well, that's the problem.  My filter has at least four ruptures, all
very neat ones corresponding perfectly to the "window panes" in the
plastic framework of the filter.  It was perfectly clean, though.  For
now I've added an in-line pre filter and will follow Graham's lead on a
new one.  In the meantime, I've figured out why the car runs out of gas
with 1/4 tank of fuel left.  I haven't figured out how to fix it,
though, short of cutting an access hole in the tank.  I guess I am now
in  "four stop fuel stragety" mode.

John
Off to the gas station.