[alfa] GTV6-replacement for in-tank filter

assuming the
plastic filtration mesh is not ruptured, you may be able to clean it,

Well, that's the problem. My filter has at least four ruptures, all very neat ones corresponding perfectly to the "window panes" in the plastic framework of the filter. It was perfectly clean, though. For now I've added an in-line pre filter and will follow Graham's lead on a new one. In the meantime, I've figured out why the car runs out of gas with 1/4 tank of fuel left. I haven't figured out how to fix it, though, short of cutting an access hole in the tank. I guess I am now in "four stop fuel stragety" mode.

John
Off to the gas station.