[alfa] GTV6-replacement for in-tank filter

I need to replace the fine mesh in-tank fuel filter (pre filter) in my '84 GTV6. IAP says they are NLA. Does anyone have a line on one. The other option, I think, would be to put a "free flow" type mesh filter in the line from the tank to the pump. This would have to be truly free flow because the expensive Bosch pumps don't suck, they blow. (You can add your own editorial comments.) I've seen some of these on the hot rod/dragster parts sites but these seem over the top (machined of billet aluminum, etc.) and expensive. Does anyone know if there are garden variety versions of these available at the big box car parts stores?

On a related matter, the mechanic (not me, this time) locked my gas cap, probably for the first time since the car was new, and then when it wouldn't unlock he managed to break the cap trying to get it off. These, too, are NLA. Anybody got one they'd like to convert to cash? Or should I take this opportunity to put on one of those aluminum flip-open gas filler things like the "tuner crowd" seems to like? Martin DeCapo (sp?) has one on his Calloway and I think it looks pretty neat.

John
Indy