RE: [alfa] GTV-6 heater valve

AFAIK, GTV-6 heater valves are NLA, at least they were about 6 months ago.

I had a customer who needed one. Another shop bypassed the heater valve by
grafting a copper elbow into the plastic fitting that attaches to the heater
core and attached the two hoses together.

This was fine until cooler weather set in.

I retrofitted a VW/Audi heater valve under the hood. This is a freestanding
heater valve that simply goes in-line into the heater hose. This required
re-routing and lengthening a couple of hoses, (I used a spider molded heater
hose in one place to make the bend) replacing the control cable with a
longer one (generic choke or lawn mower control cable works fine as would a
bicycle cable), and some general creativeness.

The only down side, besides not being original, is that the control will
work opposite that of the original. IOW hot is cold, and cold is hot.

I can dig up the part number of the heater valve that I used if you need it.
I once read somewhere (gtv6.org?) that a heater valve from an older Mazda
626 could be made to work as well, but never tried this. Also, someone along
the way somewhere told me that a Fiat valve could be made to work too (I
think).

HTH,

Jeff