In the differential, I've tried several types, without noticing much difference, but I like the Mobil 1 75w/90, which is a GL-5 gear oil. The LSD works well with it, and it's nice and quiet, too. I tried this stuff in the '87 Spider gearbox once, and lost much of the synchro action, and had to change the oil twice with the Kendall to get them back.

Regards,

Dean

At 08:44 AM 7/10/2004, you wrote:

Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 10:53:25 -0400
From: "Gwynne W. Spencer" <gwynnes1@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] oil recomendations for '93 Spider

Are any of you folks using synthetic oil in late model Spiders?   Brand,
weight, environment?

I live in SW Florida and use Synthetic in my other cars, slightly heavier
than the manufacturer recommended for general use (because of the
environment - heat)

How about tranny oil - synthetic? (I used to use Redline in the manual
tranny of my 1981 BMW 528i)

How about differential - guess it needs to be the type for limited slip
units - any recommendations?

Gwynne Spencer