Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 06:39 PM 7/10/2004, you wrote:

Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 11:47:27 -0400
From: "Ray Manners" <rmanners@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Clear Coat on Alfa Red Paint?

I just had a little "disagreement" with a body shop over a minor repair just
done to my '87 Spider Veloce- I was hoping I could get a definitive "ruling"
from an expert Digester.
Did my car originally roll from the factory with a Clear-Coat over the Red
Paint? Original paint is Alfa Red (Rosso Alfa- AR 530).
Needless to say- this is not a metallic color.
I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but I don't want to taint any responses
with my opinion...
Thanks much.
- -Ray Manners
'87 Alfa Spider Veloce (Mostly original Alfa Red)
'83 Pininfarina (Fiat) Spider (Mostly original Black)