RE: [alfa] Seat Belts

> Some advise from the group please..... I want to install 3
> pt. seat belts in my 73 Spider and am unsure if any mounting
> points exist to the outside of the seats, near the door
> jambs. Are they there? If not, how is the best way to install
> a mounting point? Where is the best source for after market belts?
>    thanks in advance!

You can retrofit belts from a later model into your '73.  The shoulder
guides can be installed on your seats (just make sure you get the right
ones, there were two styles).

You need to do a tiny bit of welding, or drill something and get the right
hardware to secure the base.  APE will cut out the mounting point from a
later car and send it to you, along with the rest of the belts.

Biba had also put together a kit, IIRC.  Hopefully he'll respond.

bs