RE: [alfa] Milano driveshaft / rear engine mount issue

 Haven't done this on a Milano but I just replaced the rear engine mount on
my 78 Alfetta GT without removing any major parts. I did have the exhaust
off and jacked the engine up a bit in the front after unbolting the rear
engine mount from the body (keep track of the spacers) to get a little
better access. I then used a regular propane torch and heated the aluminum
around the mount until the rubber in the mount started to melt and then it
tapped right out very easily. I then heated the tail housing some more,
focusing the heat all around the inside of the hole where the mount goes,
until it was really stinking hot. Then the new mount, which had been in the
freezer overnight, just slipped in without any effort at all. Now obviously
you don't want the rubber in your nice new mount to get hot so you need to
cool the aluminum as quickly as possible, but not so quick that it cracks...
I took a couple of ice cubes out of the bag that I had kept the mount in and
put them right on top on the housing and replaced them a couple of times and
then it was all nice and cool. Very easy and super slick.

Good luck
Thomas Moll
Seattle
PS Make sure you have a fire extinguisher nearby in case any oil or grease
catch fire...