Re: [alfa] Re: alfa-digest V10 #105

More energy ??? I don't think so. My research on the net comes up with:

Gasoline - approx     109,000 BTU / gallon

Diesel           "           128,000 BTU / gallon

AND, diesel engines operate at around 20:1 or higher compression ratio -
making them way more efficient than a throttled gasoline engine.