[alfa] milano wires, starting, and speedo

Alfisti,

I am trying to work out some PO bugs on my milano and
am stumped as to following things:

1. I have to wires that I cannot figure out were to
plug in.  It is a pair, one grey with yellow stripe,
the other black.  They come from a wire bundle almost
behind the right valve cover.  The wire bundle goes
back two ways, to the firewall behind the radiator
overflow bottle and the to a bigger mess of wires
behind the right valve cover.  I have looked at every
wiring diagram I could find and cannot figur out what
they are or where they go.  I have looked for
somewhere near by to plug them into and cannot seem to
find it.

2. Whenever I first start the car in the morning it
seems to stumble and have no power for about 30
seconds to 2 minutes.  After that everything is fine.
Sometimes it does this, sometimes it doesn't.

3. Lastly, my speedo is on the fritz.  I have read as
much as I could find in the archives and other
sources, and everybody seems to want to replace the
sending unit.  I think it might be and electrical
issue.  It didn't work when I first got the car, but
started to work when I replaced the battery.  Now when
it works it is fine, but when it doesn't it responds
to throttle and brake inputs.  Any throttle or braking
drops it to zero.  If i let off and coast it will pop
back up until I give more gas.  Also, it drops to zero
past about 70mph.

What does everybody think?

Thanks for your help,
Tim Spruill