Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rear Brake Cylinders

Hi David

The Innsbruck brake cylinder and backplates are different than the Stag
which uses a much larger drum and wider shoes.  I believe the TR5/6 also
uses Innsbruck size drums, but I am not certain about that.

What I have seen on Stags, is Innsbruck rear brakes.  Somebody once claimed
they were coming out of the factory new like that, but personally I believe
DPO has stripped an Innsbruck saloon for the half-shafts and because they
seem to look alike have carelessly failed to swap over the brake drums,
shoes and backplates.

IMHO - Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register