Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Rear Brake Cylinders

Hi,

My garage has just received the rear brake cylinder that I ordered
yesterday. He has run into a problem that I wondered if anyone else had
encountered.

Initially he thought the cylinders were "handed" as the pin fitted to the
cylinder was not lined up for the hole in the backplate. I rang the supplier
who definately confirmed the cylinders were not handed, there was only one
part number for both sides.

He added as a suggestion that perhaps the backplate was not a Stag backplate
and perhaps it was a 2500S backplate.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this ?

David Kirk

Kingston Products Ltd
Tarn Howe, Lakes Rd
Workington, Cumbria, CA14 3YP